Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pink, Bows, Ooohs and Ahhhhs.




Today was a sweet day. My cousin Amanda had a her baby shower. Lillian Renee is expected to bless this world Jan. 20th.

I've done the bridal shower thing. All through college and after, Kappa Gamma girl's, friends, and family....but being back in Vtown I've reentered the world of baby showers and love it. Amanda is having her 1st girl after two boys! So all family members are super excited. This will be the first baby girl in the family since my "baby" sister Kelsey (who is now 13!).

I loved the pink punch, pink cake, pink ballons, the pink cheeks of Amanda, and all the pink adorable baby clothes. I'm not shy to admit I joined in the chorus of Oooooohs and Ahhhhhhs.
Lessons of the day learned: The fact that I have a nice big butt almost wins me prizes. We had to guess how big Mandy's belly was using yarn (you know that game). I wrapped the yarn around my largest section, my butt of course, and added just a little extra. I didn't guess her belly size exactly, but I was pretty close. It's those "Berry Buns". 2nd lesson...someone approached me as I was talking to Amanda (her boys running circles around us and us talking about the crib bedding) and said "Aren't you glad you don't have kids?". Really?! How do you respond to that? I figured bursting into tears was not the correct response (yes yes I know I know it's obviously not something I am planning at the moment, but still) so instead I just smiled polietly and said "oh i don't know". I don't know what lesson I gathered on that one. haha.




2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Oh, I so so so know that feeling! People can be so incredibly callous...and that was one of the worst things about going through my divorce was worrying that I might not have the opportunity to have children...because would anyone ever really love me?

They will, sweet girl...and you will be an amazing mom one day!

maggie said...

i agree with amy.

my sister's 4 kids were here for thanksgiving running everywhere and while some would think it was too much to handle its just so much fun! and there is nothing more joyful then hearing kids playing and singing and being so imaginative. sure it gets crazy sometimes, but its a blessing to be able to influence them and be an example to them as their aunt.